Undocumented Serious Error and cannot update the virus signature database in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Undocumented Serious Error 0x101a
- Undocumented Serious Error 0x1106
Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
Press F5 on your keyboard to access Advanced setup.
Click Update and click Clear next to Clear update cache.
8.x and earlier users:
- Expand Update, click Settings and then click Clear.
- Make sure that your Username and Password are entered correctly. How do I enter my Username, Password, or License Key to activate ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?
- 8.x and earlier users:
Expand HTTP Proxy, select Do not use proxy server from the Proxy mode drop-down menu, and then click OK.
- Version 8.x and earlier: Click Setup, click the HTTP Proxy tab, select Do not use proxy server and then click OK.
Restart your computer. Before you restart, click here to bookmark this article
After your computer has restarted, open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
In the main program window, click Update → Update now. Your ESET product should update automatically from now on. If the issue is not resolved, uninstall and then reinstall your ESET product.
Click the image to view larger in new window